Cancer is characterized as the uncontrollable growth of cells. These cells invade and damage the surrounding tissues. Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, cheeks, floor of the mouth, and hard palate. If not diagnosed and treated early, oral cancer can be life threatening. If you have any of the following symptoms, you may have oral cancer:
- Swellings, lumps, or rough spots on the lips, gums, or inside the mouth
- White, red, or speckled patches forming in the mouth
- Bleeding in the mouth for an unknown reason
- Numbness or pain in the face, mouth, neck, or ear for an unknown reason
- Issues with chewing or swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue
- Chronic sore throat
- A change in your bite
- Dramatic weight loss
- A lump in your neck
When one or more of these symptoms are present, Dr. Anuradha Vaddineni will perform a biopsy in North Richland Hills, Texas. A sample of your tissue will be taken for examination. This examination will allow our dentist to determine whether or not oral cancer is present. When oral cancer is diagnosed early, it is much easier to treat.
We welcome you to contact Precinct Line Dentistry today for more information and to schedule an appointment.